WordPress can be described as the backbone supporting millions of websites across the globe. Therefore, it comes as no major surprise that Web hosting services in their dozens are exclusively focusing on hosting this leader in content management systems. Among these is WP Engine, a unique web hosting company whose entire system is being managed on a WP platform.
Founded in 2010 by Jason Cohen and Aaron Brazell, WP- Engine is very distinct compared to all other currently available hosting companies. With splendid administration, it has managed to pull in big names and numerous influencers in the WP group.
What is WPengine?
WP Engine is currently the only available Managed WordPress Platform. This means that it is a service that has been built targeting businesses that are out to build and grow ambitious projects using the WordPress platform. It is also suitable for developers in need of extraordinary tools to build applications and full-scale websites on WordPress and not just blogs. For example, WP Engine offers a 1-click staging area and for version control, Git-Push.
WP Engine offers a Performance Intelligence suite of solutions that are designed to deliver content performance, front-end and back-end insights geared towards optimizing your WP digital experience delivery. It gives you leeway to full theme customization and usage of preferred plugins on WP Engine, yet you get speed and managed security. Talk of getting the best from both worlds.
WP Engine is highly recommended if:
- You are managing a single WP site that has medium-to-high traffic.
- Your site has the possibility of going viral and perhaps hitting Reddit front page.
- Your WP site is your most important source of income.
- You are constantly worrying about malware and hackers
- You want to avoid handling the tedious work of maintaining your WordPress site– such as file cache tuning and site back up.
It doesn’t matter the type of web hosting requirements you have, WP Engine can scale to ensure they are met.
WP Engine Highlights
The service provides an enhanced suite of Performance Intelligence business solutions designed to give you a world-class WP digital experience. This includes vital content performance, front-end, and back-end insights.
- Premium managed WP hosting: Fast and extremely reliable hosting; user satisfaction guaranteed since 2011.
- Uptime is SLA backed: Get refunded in case you are not served with enough uptime.
- Worry-free: Daily malware scan and backup. They fix everything in case of a site hack.
- Cost efficient: If you factor the features that are in-built directly, WP engine is in fact cheap. VaultPress, Blog Vault Plus, Sucuri, and MaxCDN– all these are costs you will not have to be bothered about when you are on WP Engine.
- Staging Sites: This is like a blog’s playground. The WP Engine feature lets you test diverse stuff, locate/identify bugs, and redesign the site without in any way jeopardizing the current operation of your current site.
- LargeFS: This is a feature that allows you to sync all your website files using an Amazon S3 nominated bucket such that theoretically, you get access to unlimited site storage.
- EverCache: This is in-house caching technology that supports speed and massive scalability.
- 1–Click Restore: WP Engine supports easy and instant backup as well as 1-click restore with Snapshot Backups.
With a dedicated labs team and full-time engineering staff, WP Engine is defining WordPress technology. You can now unlock the full potential of your brand by leveraging their innovations.
Global WP Hosting Network
As part of WP Engine’s commitment to power your WP digital experiences wherever you are located across the globe, they are offering their customers the option of choosing where their data center will be located—US , Asia-Pacific, and EMEA. The global data centers support data security, enterprise-grade site performance as well as compliance requirements. It doesn’t matter if your goal is to set up a complex and intricate multi-site or a personal blog, WP Engine has made managed WP hosting easy.
WP Engine maintains some of the most reliable support among the Managed WordPress Hosting services available on the Internet. Compared to anyone else, per customer, they have more support engineers, and each of them comes with years of WP experience. This is combined with being the only WordPress hosting company that fully guarantees your security.
WP Engine employs some secret ingredient in their technology known as EverCache. This translates to sites that are incredibly scalable and blisteringly fast. Even when your site experiences that huge traffic spike, it will never let you down.
The company provides full Zendesk support handled by WordPress experts who answer almost all submitted tickets inside half an hour, getting you back online swiftly. For the WP Engine Business Package, which lots of companies prefer, the client also receives phone support and you can even decide to be assigned a dedicated account manager ensuring that each time you have a question, it is handled by the same person.
If your business website intends to sell online products, you will want the assurance that comes with having a Secure Socket Layer certificate (or SSL). This certificate safeguards your customer’s data being sent to your servers from their computer. WP Engine, fortunately, comes with one free of charge as part of your hosting subscription.
Additionally, WP Engine has a firewall that they update daily. They also carry out daily malware scans with the goal of blocking the latest threats. They have indicated that in case your site is hacked, you get damage repairs free of charge.
WP Engine Plans
Plans available at WP Engine are priced and tiered to fit the needs and budgets of a variety of clients.
- Personal: If you are seeking to just run one site or perhaps test the WP Engine service, this is for you. Marketers, creatives, and developers can make use of the powerful tools on offer as well as the bulletproof customer service.
- Professional: This plan offers unmatched flexibility. Whether you are running a single site with steady traffic, a number of smaller sites, or undertaking hosting for several clients, the plan will cater for your needs.
- Business: WP Engine appreciates that your business is your deepest passion, and their passion is helping you to reach your target audience. This plan supports higher traffic, installs limits and gives you access to the latest cutting-edge technology such as GeoIP, yet it remains affordable.
- Premium: Suitable for growing business sites and brands where it’s critical to have optimal performance. It combines innovations, single-server power, and the dedicated environment with the excellent customer service to inspire high-performance online experiences.
- Enterprise Grade: This is the best option when you have high traffic sites that are mission critical. These plans offer the finest experience in uptime, performance, and scalability. Sites on this plan get protection on a dedicated cluster-setting environment with load-balancing and multi-zone high availability technology. They also include account service, managed on boarding, and the fastest support response.
WP Engine hosting offers a 60-day money-back guarantee that’s far superior to many others who only offer a 15-day trial period. However, the refund is not applicable to the Enterprise and Premium plans.
Any Weak Areas
WP Engine doesn’t support webmail or email features. This means that if you want to use an email address that ends with your domain name, you will have to organize for the hosting of your own email or webmail accounts.
The provider site doesn’t offer migration service. However, they have developed an automated migration plugin that is hassle-free. All that is needed is for you to supply some account details and automatically the site migration process with plugin can start.
WP Engine is more than a competent WordPress host that has WP specific security, excellent uptime, unlimited data transfers, and other outstanding features. It offers best-in-class service to the customer on top of high innovation-driven technology.
This partly explains why in excess of 70,000 customers spread across 120 countries have turned to WP Engine for their WordPress hosting needs.
As WordPress managed hosting industry pioneers, WP Engine boasts of an impressive customer list that include National Geographic, PBS, Yelp, Asana, and MyFitnessPal among others. Put simply, this is your perfect option if you are seeking hassle-free premium WP hosting.